If I’ve raved about this dish once, I’ve raved about it non-stop! The slow cooker is without doubt one of my best friends. After a long day personal training sometimes cooking at 8.30pm is not what I want, but with the slow cooker… it’s like having my very own house husband!
5-7 Baby Beetroot
1 small carton of Passata or tinned Tomatoes (not allowed on elimination)
1 carton of large Butterbeans
Sprinkle of Thyme
Lashings of Black Pepper
A clove of garlic
1-2 Diced sweet potato
- Brown off the diced chicken and place in the slow cooker
- Add the baby beetroot, peeled shallots, large (drained) butterbeans (qualities vary depending on how many you’re serving. Aim 1/2 – 1 chicken breast pp)
- Sprinkle generously with Thyme and black pepper
- Add diced sweet potato and stir
- Add the Passata or tinned tomatoes and give it a good stir
- Turn the slow cooker of for 4 hours high or 7-8 hours low
And Voila! When you get home, put your feet up and let your house husband serve you dinner!